Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Roses in Winter and a Raspberry cape

I just finished my part of a RRlite. The theme is Roses in Winter. I found a darling dress pattern that would lend itself nicely to the fabric I chose. I had a FQ of babypoo yellow with wonderful clusters of raspberry colored roses on it. It made up very nicely and I'm quite pleased.
Since it's winter the outfit needed either a coat or cape, something to keep Dolly warm so I dug through my stash and found a really yummy piece of raspberry colored wide-wale corduroy. Normally I wouldn't use a wide-wale for a doll-I'm picky about scale to size-but it was just perfect for a cape. the wale would be too large for a coat. I lined it in pale raspberry cotton and trimmed it in a great rose trim that I had in shades of raspberry. It couldn't matched better if I dyed it myself. I finished it off with a little tassel that I made from raspberry DMC floss. the perfect finish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! So darling! I LOVE the dress. I just know my cloth bleuette would love one. And the cape will be perfect for the doll I am doing.
love, Kate