Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Halloween goodies






I love Halloween. I do believe it's my favorite holiday. yes, it is. I had to wait until my swap partner received her pin before writing this post. I belong to a pindoll yahoo group and we have monthly swaps. I don't always swap but I do join in as time allows. I couldn't miss Halloween. that's just too fun. Last year we were to find a good card and use that for my inspiration for a pindoll. I decided to do that again this year as that was alot of fun. I was perusing cards and found the most darling card at http://www.bluemountain.com/. I thought it would make a really darling pin. Here's pics of the card and pin. it's a quarter fold card so you can see the size of the pin. it's about 3-inches tall. It was a real bear to turn those teeny tiny arms, hands, legs and tail. I used black chenille stems to give him posability and also so I had to use minimal stuffing. it wasn't easy adding extra stuffing to some of the areas, like those tiny feet. I also made two more for my dear friend and her mom. I had to dig the pattern out of the trash because I don't always keep the patterns when I do a OOAK. She loved it so much she really wanted one. so, here they are, aren't they cute too! I call them my Scaredy Cats. They really were fun to make. The CAndy corn sack went with the first pin to my swap partner. Her Scaredy Cat hides inside. It snaps shut at the top. now, on to the next project. I'm working on my Halloween swap for my pincushion group. That is coming out really awesome so I'll post that when it's done.

3 comments:

Grangry said...

Absolutely love these! You must have either very small or very nimble fingers!

Kai said...

Oh, WOW! I think this is the most adorable pin! Love cats, and THIS one is a HOOT! I can't begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying your blog! Awesome!

Clothmatters said...

I love the pin and bag Ellen! Thank you for making them for me.
Connie