Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A new Bleu



Ooooh, I just love making this little doll. I'm swapping one of my cloth Bleuette with a lovely lady that makes porcelain Bleuettes. I've just finished her doll and now I'm making clothes for her. She wanted red hair and blue eyes. I tried on different wigs but none seemed to look right. then I tried on the curls and voila!! just what she wanted. 'Tres bon Tante' she declared! Je t'aime. well, now I have to see if her new Mamman likes her hair. We may be trying on something else just to see. hmmmmmm.....everyone has different taste.


The construction of this doll is so different. It's learned in Judi Ward's Cloth Bleuette class at Crafty College online. She uses wooden beads and grapes to created the joints. very different but the effect is wonderful. It makes the doll looks so real like the authentic Bleuette. I won't lie and say it's an easy technique. It's not. but it sure is worth all the effort. I guess that's why I have 4 more dolls in stages of construction. If I get too stressed with the part I'm working on, I pick up another doll and work on that one. Time to go make her a new dress......

No comments: