Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Speaking engagements

Well, May was sure a whirlwind of a month. I got to be the honored guest speaker at not one but TWO doll events. So much fun. The first event was a Doll Luncheon in Kirtland, Ohio. It was put on by the 'The Heart of Doll Country' doll club. It was a lovely affair with about 75 people. A very nice auction of lots of dolls, and doll related items. I had a grand time giving my speech: So Many Dolls, So Little Time, My Journey Through Life with Dolls. I took lots of dolls and they filled up two 8foot tables. The really encompassed my life from childhood to present day. I had a great time talking and I have never had such a captured audience. I always expect a little chitchat to go on just because some times something you say will spark a comment between two people. But I have to say, I didn't hear a peep the entire time. It was awesome. I sure did enjoy the experience and recieved many wonderful compliments afterwards.

The very next weekend I repeated the lecture at the 'Think Pink Doll Gala' in Aurora, Ohio. I only took one table full of dolls this time, but still had enough to get my examples across. Again, it was well recieved and I got very wonderful compliments from some women I am in awe of. They are very well known in the doll world and to have them complimenting my dolls was a tremendous honor.

Back to my sewing.......

No comments: