Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yes Deer!



Yesterday my hubby came rushing in the house. "Quick, come here! I don't care what you're doing you gotta see this!". Now, you'd think this is something that never happens. Honestly, it happens almost EVERY day in our back yard. Now, in his defense, I must say it is usually 6:00 a.m. or so when we see them, but this was 3pm. We had two deer wandering around in the heat looking for a cool place to rest. They decided to lounge in our backyard for about an hour. They are not afraid of us in the least. This is the reason we no longer can have a garden. There is a herd of about 17-20 that live in the woods across the street from us. We always have deer wandering through to the little creek that runs along the back of our property.

This is when I wish I had a bit of a better camera. I was standing on the back deck taking these pictures. This is no more than 50 ft away. They lounged around until the sky started to get dark as we had a rainstorm moving in. Then off they went to go find shelter and the rest of the herd.

No comments: