Saturday, June 13, 2009

Always the bridesmaid...





I just finished a darling little dolly outfit to fit Sophie (a Tonner doll). This is my Sophie modeling it. The dress is for Pat's doll. Pat's daughter is getting married on the 28th of this month so Sophie needed a dress for the wedding. Sophie goes everywhere that Pat goes and I thought it would be sweet if she had her own little Junior Bridesmaid Dress. I asked Pat to send me a pic of the bridesmaid dress. (click here to see) So I studied the dress and this is what I made. It needed to be more demure since it was for a 'little girl' so I slightly redesigned the bodice so it wouldn't plunge to her navel. LOL! and gave it just a regular back bodice. I left the full length of the design and did all the gathers to one side. I made it just short enough so she could walk and dance without tripping and made her matching little satin panties. The dress is completely lined so that no seams show on the inside at all. It closes with two little snaps in back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, no wonder Pat loves it.
BFF