Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just a crocheting maniac



This was the last surgery. Yeah!!!! The doctor removed a growth from the bone then repaired the tendons of my left thumb. Ohhhhh so good to have my hands back!!. Now it's healing nicely. the stitches came out on Tuesday and it's so good to be able to work with my hand again. I've been crocheting like crazy. I'm the hostess of the "Sock it To Me Baby" sock swap at the Bleuette group I belong to so I'm working on my socks and slippers. The bonus of the swap is one pair of slippers. I wanted to do something different so I'm making a pair of little yellow ducky slippers. I had made one a few weeks ago but I just wasn't happy with it. I thought about it the whole time my hand was out of commission and today I set to work it out. this is the results of today's work and I couldn't be happier.This slipper is barely 1 1/2 inches long just so you get the perspective of what I was working on. It's just sooooooo doggone cute!

Yesterday I worked on a new sock. I wanted something lacey and pretty but thin enough to fit under a tight shoe. I usually work in size 8 perle cotton or one strand of candlewicking thread. now, those make beautiful socks but they're a tad bulky so I pulled out my size 12 perle cotton. I made a sock that's solid on the toe and heel but the foot and upper are all lacey and fine. I"m quite pleased with the result. This fits so nice in a tighter shoe. take a look:
Ahhhhh, I'm getting back in the groove.......

No comments: