Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Comfort Food


There is nothing better than comfort food on a cold, crisp winter day. I made a lovely roasted chicken on Sunday so today I picked the remaining chicken off the bone. Plenty of leftover to make two Chicken Pot Pies for our dinner tonight plus enough chicken to freeze for another meal next week. Maybe some sort of chicken casserole..hmmmm....I'll have to think about that. Hubby and I love chicken potpie and I've made it since the kids were little. Yes, I even make the pie dough from scratch. I also make Turkey Potpies from leftover turkey. I learned to make individual pies as the kids would fight over who got the last piece so I solved that problem right quick. Tuna potpie is good too. try it sometime. Fresh, hot Chicken Potpie and a tall glass of ice-cold milk....it just doesn't get any better than that....snow be dammed! LOL....

No comments: