Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Handy Pincushion

I just love pincushions. I've collected them for years. I made this one last night as a hostess gift. Isn't it lovely. My dearest friend had made one for me earlier this year and I use it all the time. It's from a free pattern online and I love it so much that I've now made a couple of them for hostess gifts. I just love the look of the organza over the base fabric. I dug through all my old buttons and found the perfect antique button. It's a beautiful filigree with a mother of pearl center. I actually remembered to take a picture of this one. the other one I made was red with a wonderful overlay and ruffle of white organza with red hearts and silver dots. Quite romantic.

2 comments:

Clothmatters said...

The hand pincushion is wonderful! Good choice of colors too!

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

OoHHh I LOVE this Pincushion! I to love pincushions.I love making them, and as the story goes I always want to make more, But like you time time where does it go???
But your Hand Pincushion has so inspired me that today I want to sit down and try to make this one..
Would you mind sharing where online you got the pattern??
Its wonderful..I also LOVE your elephant I love Vintage and Whimsy Style Toys!! Your soooo talented!
Sherrie