Sunday, August 12, 2007

I love pressure.....




I just love to work under pressure. I think I do my best work that way. The doll club I belong to(which,by the way, is a fabulous group of ladies) does a service project each year. This year we are making dolls to donate to a local police or fire department to have on hand for a child in need. We're making 'Dragalongs'-a Phat Phaeries Inc. pattern. These are really cute dolls. so easypeasy, but alas, I have waited until the last minute to make. I should have made these a few months ago but time sure slipped away fast. It could be worse, I could be trying to do this Friday night. I have my little girl done. My little boy is almost done, just have to sew on his hair and face and then paint his shoes. I'm going to sew Velcro to his hand and his frog. He just looked like he needed a cute little frog to hold. I embroidered an alligator on his pocket. LOL. These dolls are due at our meeting next Saturday. I'll take a picture of all the dolls that come in and post it next week after our meeting.

I'm the President of our local doll club-High on Dolls. It really is a fantastic group of ladies. We have about 30 now and we always get so much participation, it sure makes us all proud. We're invited each year to have a display of our dolls at the Sewing and Quilting Expo when it comes to town in the spring. These gals do such a knock-out job that our display rivals the Hoffman display! Each year we have a challenge and then those dolls become our theme display for the Expo. This years display was a Black and White Challenge. The dolls were extraordinary! This year our club challenge is "The Circus". I'm sure these dolls are going to be the tops! They will make a super display next spring. Time to get back to sewing and attach the boy's hair.

2 comments:

Clothmatters said...

Hi Ellen- Guess what? You have been tagged with a "Nice Matters" award for being a nice person. Visit my blog to find out how to nominate others for this award. Congratulations. BTW- I love the dolls you are working on. They are always great!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Ellen richly deserves the "nice Matters" award. Also an award for "Superior Dollmaker" - "Prolific Dollmaker" and a few others. I feel honored to have you in our club Ellen - you are so giving and have brought new enthusiasm to club meetings. Thanks. Jo